Enjoying your day outside has never been better with a tilt patio umbrella. You can enjoy the shade from the sun without having to deal with large umbrellas. But how do you tilt a patio umbrella to provide the cover that you need?
For Crank Tilt Patio Umbrellas continuously turn the umbrella crank until you get the tilt position that you want. For Collar Tilt Patio Umbrellas, turning the collar at the crank housing top tilts the umbrella. To tilt umbrellas with the push-button mechanism, you need to push an inward-curved button at the top of the umbrella pole.
If you want to know how to tilt patio umbrellas, this is the best place to be. This article will show you how to tilt patio umbrellas, as well as cantilever and offset umbrellas. You’ll also discover what auto tilt patio umbrellas are, and how they work. Let’s get started!
Patio Umbrella Tilt Mechanisms Explained
Patio umbrellas have a tilt mechanism that lets you tilt the umbrella canopy. That way, you can provide the shade you need from the Sun, regardless of what time of the day it is. A patio umbrella’s tilt mechanism could be a collar, push, or crank method. It all depends on the type of umbrella that you’re talking about.
For umbrellas with the collar tilt mechanism, they achieve a tilt when you turn the collar at the pole. The umbrella has to be fully opened before you twist the collar. This mechanism allows you to tilt your patio umbrella to different angles and positions.
In a crank tilt mechanism, the umbrella has a crank system. Moving the umbrella crank while the umbrella is open will tilt the umbrella.
Lastly, with the push tilt system, there’s a button at the crank housing top that lets you set up the umbrella for tilting. After pushing the button, you have to manually adjust the umbrella to give you the desired tilt.
How Do You Tilt Patio Umbrellas?
● Push-Button Tilt Patio Umbrella
The following steps will help you tilt a push-button patio umbrella:
- Turn the crank handle clockwise until the umbrella open to its fully open position
- To tilt, simply push the button at the top of the umbrella pole to release the lock
- Then gently pull the top of the main pole down on the side you would like to tilt
- To return the umbrella to its upright position, push the button inwards to release the lock, then gently push the top of the main pole back up
- Turn the crank handle anti-clockwise to close the umbrella
● Collar Tilt Patio Umbrella
The collar tilt umbrella is quite similar to regular market umbrellas in the way it works. However, many people prefer it to other umbrella types – even auto tilt umbrellas – because of their ease of operation.
Tilting a collar tilt patio umbrella involves the following steps:
- Turn the crank at the crank housing system to open the umbrella
- Then turn the collar or ring at the top of the crank housing to tilt the umbrella
- Since the collar tilt umbrella has unlimited tilt positions, keep turning the collar till you achieve your desired tilt.
● Crank Tilt Patio Umbrella
Crank tilt patio umbrellas tilt by turning the crank of the umbrella. It’s one of the most popular patio umbrella types and finds uses in several outdoor settings. Here’s how to tilt a crank tilt patio umbrella:
- Turn the crank at the pole to open the umbrella
- Once the umbrella is fully opened, keep turning the crank until the umbrella tilts
- Lock the umbrella in place once you the tilt position that you desire
How Do You Tilt Cantilever Umbrellas?
Cantilever umbrellas are unique for their abilities to tilt and rotate 360 degrees. That means they can provide shade throughout the day, following every position of the sun. Like other residential umbrellas, you can tilt cantilever umbrellas to provide shade.
The following steps will help you tilt a cantilever umbrella:
- Loosen the base clamp by turn the clamp anti-clockwise
- Turn the umbrella to the desired position
- Turn the clamp in a clockwise direction to tighten it
Auto Tilt Patio Umbrellas – How it Works
Auto tilt patio umbrellas have changed the outdoor patio experience forever. Unlike other types of patio umbrellas, you can keep turning the crank system until you get the tilt you want. There’s no default position, neither is there a limit to the position you can tilt the umbrella. Auto tilt umbrellas allow you to enjoy a full-tilt, or if you desire, just a little tilt.
How do auto tilt patio umbrellas work? They have a set of mechanical levels inside the pole, which don’t depend on joint settings. Instead, the umbrella relies on the position and tension of these levers for tilt position. That allows you to turn the crank as much as you like – even to its full spectrum.
Tempera 9ft Auto-Tilt Patio Umbrella allows you to enjoy your outdoor relaxation without having to stand every time the sun moves to make an adjustment. Simply press the tilt button and you’re good to go. The umbrella has a large diameter that can provide enough shade for more than five people at once.
Best Patio Umbrella: Blissun 9’ Outdoor Aluminum Patio Umbrella
The Blissun 9’ Outdoor Aluminum Patio Umbrella is made of 100% polyester material, resistant to UV radiation, and waterproof. It has a durable aluminum pole that is rust-resistant. Also, the umbrella ribs are all aluminum and contribute to the lightweight and portable design of the umbrella.
The umbrella employs a crank mechanism to achieve different tilt positions. It has a push-button tilt to give you different shades to cover for the sun’s constantly changing positioning. Its 9-foot diameter gives enough shade for over 4 chairs around a table.
Blissun Patio Umbrella’s amazing design makes it a perfect fit for your patio, restaurant, garden, swimming pool, and several outdoor places.